De Beers Group of Companies
De Beers Group of Companies Is Currently Seeking for Safety Officer Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the De Beers Group of Companies application Form. The Position Is available in Postmasburg, Northern Cape the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: De Beers Group of Companies Careers
Position: Safety Officer Jobs
Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape
Qualification: Matric, Grade 12, Diploma/ Degree
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
-We have an exciting position for a Safety Officer to join our Safety Department. You will assist line management in meeting the safety, health and environmental standards and implementing safety initiatives in their respective work areas by verifying compliance to SHE systems during inspections, audits, investigation and leadership interactions and interventions.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
-Join us at our Kolomela operation as a Safety Officer , where your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct physical legal inspections as per schedule.
- Facilitate Risk Assessments
- Be responsible for the discussion, recording & sign-off of findings in logbook.
- Collate the Capturing of information on Isometrix & close out of previous findings.
- Assist with updating inspection schedule
- Finalising reports and getting signoff and copies of associated documents
- Follow up on corrective actions
- Facilitate the Investigation and submission of High Potential Hazards
- Support actions on the Safety Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Active participation in Safety initiatives (e.g.: VFL & STEPS)
- Conduct Internal Audit in respective areas
- Co-ordinate the Emergency drills
- Assist in the analysis of Safety Statistics
This role is in the Safety & Sustainable Development department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Section Manager Safety.
- National diploma in Safety Management /Risk Management (NQF level 6 or higher )
- Certificate of training in OHSAS 18001/45001 System Auditing and or integrated internal auditing will be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license
- You will be required to pass a medical fitness certificate to be considered for this position.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the safety management -mining environment (preferable open cast)
- Investigation and report writing experience (ICAM/LFI)
- Knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act (Act 29 of 1996) and other related legislation
- Computer Literacy: MS Office: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
-Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Fill The De Beers Group of Companies Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!
To apply for this job please visit www.debeersgroup.com.