McCain Foods (S Africa) Is Currently Seeking for Operator: Packing Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the McCain Foods (S Africa) application Form. The Position Is available in Springs, Gauteng the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: McCain Foods (S Africa) Careers
Position: Operator: Packing Jobs
Location: Springs, Gauteng
Qualification: Grade 12
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Packing Operator to be based at the McCain Springs Plant, Gauteng. The successful candidate will report to the Shift Manager.
Scope of Responsibilities:
This role entails operating high speed sophisticated machines by managing settings and conducting tests to ensure a successful operation in the production process. The position judiciously monitors all activities happening on the line, records them for accuracy, clarification, and verification, and reports to the Shift Manager.
Even while the machine is in operation, the Packing operator monitors it closely to detect any signs of malfunctioning that may affect the quality of work and tackles it immediately to avoid it getting worse. As one responsible for the line, Packing operators ensure that all packing materials is managed, not wasted. They request for more materials even while little is remaining. Packing operators also inspect all finished goods, checking for maintenance in production quality and standards.
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Housekeeping and sanitation
- Perform periodic checks on process and solve problems as detected
- Contribute to waste management programs.
- Assist junior operators in their assigned responsibilities.
- Manage the rehydration system and minimize packaging losses
- Update and present results on the SQDCP Boards
- Ensure all packaging materials used are counted, wrapped and ready for returning to Dry Stores.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Technical Qualification
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a production environment
- 3 years of operating experience
- Experience in the food manufacturing industry is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Assertive and results orientated
- Ability to perform well in a stressful environment
The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: South Africa
Department: Springs Processing Management C
Location(s): ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Springs || ZA – South Africa : Eastern Cape : Port Elizabeth || ZA – South Africa : Free State : Bloemfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bapsfontein || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bedfordview || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Bronkhorstspruit || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Johannesburg || ZA – South Africa : Gauteng : Katlehong || ZA – South Africa : KwaZulu-Natal : Durban || ZA – South Africa : Limpopo : Marble Hall || ZA – South Africa : Mpumalanga : Delmas || ZA – South Africa : North West : Lichtenburg || ZA – South Africa : Other : Reference job description || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : CapeTown || ZA – South Africa : Western Cape : George
Fill The McCain Foods (S Africa) Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!
To apply for this job please visit www.mccain.com.