PPECB Is Currently Seeking for Procurement /Sourcing Specialist Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the PPECB application Form. The Position Is available in Cape Town, Western Cape the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: PPECB Careers
Position: Procurement /Sourcing Specialist Jobs
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Qualification: Matric, Grade 12, Diploma/ Degree
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Main purpose of the job
The job purpose is to assist the PPECB in effecting more efficient sourcing processes to save costs and maximize profitability. Sourcing specialists analyse costs, negotiate contract details, and offer strategies and solutions to help the PPECB better manage costs on supplies and vendor services.
High level job objectives
- To manage the Procurement Process, provide guidance to all stakeholders and manage procurement risks.
- To identify and introduce cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities in the business when solutions are searched in the market and acquire the best prices from suppliers through negotiations and price benchmarking.
- To enable the use technology to simplify, automate, integrate, and measure all procurement processes in the business.
- To demonstrate and ensure the professional values, ethical behaviour, and legal compliance essential to a sustainable business model.
- To measure the performance, take corrective action of suppliers and report accordingly.
- To ensure proper implementation of the Preferential Procurement Policy, Enterprise Supplier Development strategy and initiatives to drive transformation objectives.
- Minimum of a 3-year tertiary qualification in Procurement / Finance / Commercial / Supply Chain Management or relevant
- Membership with CIPS or equivalent
- Extensive experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management – supply chain management and/or procurement experience in a decentralized, multi-structured organisation
- Experience in procurement of IT Hardware, Software and related services will be advantageous.
- Procurement experience in the Public Sector will be profitable.
- Developing strategies to attain or exceed cost saving targets.
- Working in a Commercial and complex environment, with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources.
- Working with multiple projects/bids and stakeholders
- Forecast and demand management for services and products
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers internal teams, IT and customers
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- Give presentations about market analysis of products and services needed.
- Analyses of data and produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- Keep up to date with trends and innovations, regulation and new technology that can impact on the business
- Manage supplier performance reviews
- Procurement policies and procedures
- Project Management
- Knowledge of E- procurement tools
- Expert knowledge of procurement/sourcing function which includes public tendering
- Knowledge of the PFMA and all other relevant statues i.e., PPPFA, Supply Chain Management regulations, B-BBEE, CIDB
Technical Skills/ Functional Skills
- Be familiar with a variety of the supply chain management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Financial skills i.e. being acutely aware of procurement costs and departmental budgets.
- Analytical skills which include evaluating suppliers according to various factors, including price, quality, delivery and service.
- Negotiating skills, having the ability to acquire the best prices from suppliers.
- Procurement management tools and solutions on the market (e-procurement, e-sourcing etc.)
- Business acumen
- Project management skills
- Report writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Virtual communication
- Planning, time management
- Presentation skills
- Decision – making
- Problem solving which is technical in nature
- Advanced computer skills
Competency Profile: Behavioural
- Planning and Organising
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Relating and Networking
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Engage senior management and executive
- Persuading and Influencing
- Writing and Reporting
- Learning and Researching
- Analysing of data
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to challenge ideas and provide suggestions
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Deciding and Initiating Action
Physical and other
- Business Travel
- Good health – Ability to sit for long hours
It is our intention to promote equity according to our Employment Equity plan with the filling of posts. All applications will be considered, with the understanding that, in terms of the PPECB Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Fill The PPECB Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!
To apply for this job please visit ppecb.hua.hrsmart.com.