Rhodes University Is Currently Seeking for Admin Assistant Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the Rhodes University application Form. The Position Is available in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: Rhodes University Careers
Position: Admin Assistant Jobs
Location: Grahamstown, Eastern Cape
Qualification: Matric, Grade 12, Diploma/ Degree
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Admin Assistant (Grade 8)
International Library of African Music
Recognising that diversity is important in achieving excellence. Rhodes University strongly encourages South African members of underrepresented designated groups as well as persons with disabilities to apply. Spouses and partners of existing staff members are also encouraged to apply.
The International Library of African Music Department invite suitably qualified candidates to join their vibrant team.
To provide financial administrative, secretarial and front-line service for the Institute.
Grade 12 with preferably with accounting as a subject, plus approximately 4 years’ relevant experience where such experience includes: –
- Previous experience working with budgets where the reconciliations of accounts was essential.
- Previous administrative experience within a computerized administration environment with a working knowledge and understanding of word-processing, Excel, Microsoft, the internet and emails.
- Previous experience developing effective administrative systems and processes within an electronic administrative environment.
It is essential that prospective candidates read the job profile for further information and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted.
The following documents are required:
- An application form which should be completed in full.
- A comprehensive CV and relevant qualifications which should include the following: –
- Reasons for leaving your current and previous jobs.
- Referees who are and/or were your direct line manager, their title, name, designation and contact information which should be at least their contact number and email address.
- A strong and succinct motivation which tells us your interest in the post/s and suitability relative to the job requirements.
No hand-written applications will be considered. Failure to submit all documentation will result in an application being disqualified.
Any questions or enquiries regarding the submission of an application, can be addressed to Nomaxabiso Yantolo at [email protected] or 046 603 8753.
Selection Process (provisional date, subject to change):
- Short-listing meeting: TBC s
- The selection process that will be followed for this post will include an assessment and an interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the assessment and interview date.
Remuneration per annum (Grade 8):
Basic Pensionable Salary per annum: R232 127
Cost to Company per annum (Approximately): R326 662
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. This post is advertised as permanent post, but the University may opt to appoint on a fixed-term contract of not less than three-years. The University reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview. Employment checks will be conducted on recommended candidates. Please apply online by accessing the Rhodes University Website.
Rhodes University has a vaccination mandate as part of its Conditions of Service. The implementation of the vaccine mandate has been held in abeyance from 01 January 2023. Should the COVID-19 situation change in a way that the number of cases of COVID-19 pose a threat to the University, the implementation of the Vaccine Mandate will be re-activated and all staff would be required to be fully vaccinated.
Closing Date: 16 November 2023
If you are not contacted within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note all appointments are made in line with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, the Immigration Act No. 13 of 2022 and the University’s recruitment and selection policies.
Fill The Rhodes University Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!