Roche Is Currently Seeking for SHE Expert Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the Roche application Form. The Position Is available in Cape Town, Western Cape the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: Roche Careers
Position: SHE Expert Jobs
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Qualification: Matric, Grade 12, Diploma/ Degree
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
Roche Diagnostics in Cape Town has an opportunity for a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Expert on an 16 month fixed term contract.
- Advise employees and teams on a wide range of SHE topics (in particular occupational safety, environmental sustainability and legal SHE compliance) and contribute to the achievement of SHE goals and the implementation of corresponding specifications. In doing so, you exert your influence.
- Build on a trusting network with Site SHE, Contracting Services, and Group SHE to ensure a suitable communication structure for the resulting topics. Work intensively on the constructive exchange with relevant site functions and ensure that the concerns of the organisation are adequately taken into account.
- Support the strategic development of the entire organization in the area of SHE.
- Lead the SHE committee for Roche Diagnostics Cape Town and focus on the SHE goals. Support a working atmosphere through strong team spirit, respect and effective communication and bring an agile way of working into the SHE Committee. The SHE Committee creates an effective working environment for employees, which motivates them and strengthens the team
- Define SHE programs and projects to close identified gaps and track them effectively, and become the driving force behind the completion of all activities to achieve and maintain SHE compliance in Roche Diagnostics Cape Town. The derivation and monitoring of SHE KPIs to monitor the development of the SHE goals is also part of your area of responsibility.
Individual tasks and duties
- Leadership (20%) – Lead the SHE committee and focus on the achievement of SHE goals and strive for excellent solutions and act agile and in the spirit of our leadership commitments. Proactively promote a positive safety culture that is continuous improvement on all SHE topics as well as the active corporation with all functions. In your role, you will advise, inspire and motivate managers , employees and teams on a wide range of SHE tropics and contribute independently to achieving the SHE goals. You will participate in agile sprint teams that inspire each other to achieve top performance and strengthen their members and create an environment with strong team spirit, timely and effective communication, a sense of urgency and high motivation, inspiring teams to achieve goals in the short and longer term.
- Technical (30%) – You will be responsible for the topics of occupational safety, handling hazardous substances, SHE compliance, Incident Management and independently developing projects in an agile working style, involving the relevant stakeholders, tracking progress and successfully completing them. You will independently plan, implement, check and monitor appropriate protective and preventive measures in accordance with K-Directives and Roche Policy and monitor the risk status. You will be the contact person for Roche Dia Cape Town SHE-relevant questions and topics relating to SHE compliance for Contractors and SHE service-provides. You will ensure, in cooperation with other functions, that all activities comply with local regulations in order to meet Roche’s internal compliance requirements and take appropriate measures to ensure or establish SHE compliance.
- Project and Audit Management (30 %) – Development, implementation and further development of all SHE and Environmental Sustainability projects, taking into account all essential specifications. You will independently plan, implement and monitor appropriate prevention projects and audits to ensure SHE compliance. You will drive projects forward sustainably and coordinate cross-departmental activities and independently develop projects on occupational safety and environmental sustainability issues, follow them up and put SHE compliance first. You will coordinate, communicate and create all safety-related documents with the aim of SHE compliance.
- Global Collaboration (20 %) – Support as a team member in global SHE initiatives and sprints. Development of global Roche standards, active participation in global projects, mentoring and support from other Roche sites when needed in the global network.
- Authority – You will have direct access to the SHE Manager, the General Manager/Site Head and all other managers and employees of Roche Dia Cape Town and will get all important information about decisions and planned activities first-hand: You may stop any type of activity in case of imminent danger and you may issue detail SHE regulations for the site.
You, as an ideal candidate, will have the following skills, experience and education:
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Safety, Engineering or Industrial Hygiene or similar. A Master’s degree or higher preferred. A qualification as a specialist in occupational safety is a distinct advantage.
- Experience: 3-6 years of EHS / SHE experience in a production environment in the Diagnostics, Medtech or Pharmaceutical / Chemical / Biotech industry. 1 or more years of experience as a project manager for SHE projects in interdisciplinary teams.
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fill The Roche Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!
To apply for this job please visit careers.roche.com.