Transnet Is Currently Seeking for Snr Investigation Officer Position suitable candidate who is eligible to handle all the responsibilities and is qualified for the position. All the information required for this position to know by the candidate is given below specifically. apply online for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill the Transnet application Form. The Position Is available in Kimberley, Northern Cape the candidates nearby willing to apply are also invited to apply online for this vacancy.
|Hiring Authority: Transnet Careers
Position: Snr Investigation Officer Jobs
Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape
Qualification: Matric, Grade 12, Diploma/ Degree
Salary Estimated: ZAR 72000-340000 Annum
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : TFRAPPLICATIONS22@TRANSNET.NET
The closing date is on 20.07.2023. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to DINAH.VITI@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title : Snr Investigation Officer
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Security
Location : Kimberley
Reporting To : Specialist
Grade Level : H1X
Reference Number : 50019593
Manage, co-ordinate and control the Corridor Investigation and strategic alliance function in accordance to the strategic plan
in the respective corridor / province and to consult on Provincial level with various internal and external role players to
proactively implement corrective, investigative and strategic measures to protect Transnet assets and to prevent potential
losses through theft and fraudulent activities.
Responsible for the implementation of Transnet Freight Rail security policies, procedures and programs throughout the
assigned geographical area.
To ensure compliance for RSR Audits.
1. Attendance and liaison with Cluster SAPS / DPCI, CI and NPA Meetings and joint operations with other role-players to
perform special operations and raids on scrap dealers to identify Transnet stolen property / NFMCCC Meetings and Case
Flow Management Meetings and ensuring case dockets are registered under Criminal Matters Amendment Act and or other
charges, impact statements, identification statements and photo albums, testimony in court investigation of internal and
identified organized crime cases and information of syndicates as well as/ disciplinary hearings and CMAA and conduct
awareness sessions on any gaps in the investigation environment and ensure maximum sentence is received in court.
2.Update all case management information on TOMS and share drive.
3.Ensure a professional and effective response 24/7 to all security related incidents within the area of responsibility when
attending incidents, secure crime scene, preserve and collect evidence, document and safe guard for use of disciplinary
cases and testimony in court matters.
4.Manages policies, procedures, standards and methods for identifying and protecting intellectual property, assets,
employees, facilities, operations against theft, vandalism, sabotage or loss.
5.Facilitate the appointment of and manage the provision of rendering a polygraph service. Questioning and or interrogation
of suspects to obtain information on cases at hand. And keep an updated data base of all suspects.
6.Manage all assets and vehicles allocated to the department to ensure proper utilization and adherence to good corporate
governance and company vehicle policy and asset verification.
7.Submission of reports for review to Specialist for approval and dissemination, compile monthly case flow management stats
for reports, present correct information to Specialist Investigations Manager and or any other clients.
8.Conduct project Investigation of high-profile cases within a Project Team and Service Provider Claim Investigations for
negligence of Service Providers on Transnet sites, risk assessments and BOI hearings.
9.Exhibit control and disposal in accordance to Policy and SAPS.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Senior Certificate (Matric)
- 1-2 year post matric qualification in Investigations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in investigation field within the security and/or crime prevention environment
- An alternative for an applicant without relevant post matric qualification, must have 5 – 7 years-experience in the
investigation field within the security and/ or crime prevention environment
- PSIRA Grade A will be an added advantage (an applicant without PSIRA Grade A must acquire the certificate within 3
months of being appointed)
- The applicant must have a code B drivers’ licence and be competent and prepared to drive
- Good Listener
- Goal Orientated/Objective driven
- Broad Thinker
•Problem Solving •Working
- Time Management
- Managing staff
- Managing Project deliverables
- Transferring of skills
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Statistics driven
- Sober habits
- Results / Solution orientated
- Accurate Specify/list all the competencies required for this position
- Crime scene investigation
- Forensic investigation
- Statement analyses
- MS Office
- Employee relations for management
- Recruitment and handling of informers and undercover personal
- Project Management
- Transnet Freight Rail Policies and Procedures
- Managing of Assets
- Security Risk Assessment
- Tabling of Business Cases
- Understanding and executing a Project plan
- All legislative governing Acts
- National & International crime threats and trends. Sound knowledge of Department Q Best Practices
- In depth knowledge of Labour Legislation
- Working knowledge of culture transformation and communication
- Crime scene Investigation
- Project investigation
- Questioning techniques and statement analyses
- Recruitment and handling of informers and undercover personal
- Interview, questioning and interrogation
- Statement and Report writing
- Strategy for dealing with corruption investigation and prevention
- Confessions and additions
- Preparing for court experience and giving evidence
- Risk assessment and asset management
- Initiating and Presiding of Disciplinary cases
“NB: The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job”.
Fill The Transnet Application Form From the Link Given Above And Wait For the application to be processed once your application gets shortlisted you will be informed by the authority and called for the interview or examination processed by the company. Good luck For your job Search!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.transnet.net.